Hey Everyone, back with another review and this time I thought I would share my thoughts on my new found love. I have been a Kajal only girl since time immortal and thought I should step up my game with my eye looks. This is when I started searching for eye shadow palettes that can offer me both color and pigmentation. I have heard so much about the Makeup Revolution London Palette and decided to try it out myself. They have such a huge range of makeup collection and I didn’t know what to get, so I decided to try out the Chocolate Palette in Rose Gold and turns out I made a perfect choice.
Rs 1550 for 22 grams of eyeshadows.
For our lovers of chocolate, and rose gold, we have the palette for you. Gorgeous mix of shimmer pressed glitter and mattes in 16 amazing shades to create an array of beautiful eye looks. On-trend shades ranging from soft neutrals to rustic oranges, to deep reds to fudge browns, with amazing shimmers and glitters to take your look to the next level. Encased in our metallic rose gold chocolate casing with a full-size mirror.
Mica, Talc, Magnesium Stearate, Paraffinum Liquidum, Ethylhexyl Palmitate, Kaolin, Polybutene, Dimethicone, Propylparaben, Methylparaben, Parfum May Contain [+/-] CI 77491, CI 77499, CI 77891, CI 15850, CI 77492, CI 77007, CI 15850
Firstly hats off to the packaging which is a complete eye catcher. It comes in a cutely packaged chocolate bar-shaped palette. I’m guessing it is a dupe for the Tarte Chocolate Bar eyeshadows which are completely out of my budget. Anywho I decided to splurge on Makeup Revolution London as I have seen so many rave reviews of this brand which is so famous for their makeup. The I heart Revolution Palette in Rose Gold comes in a Chocolate Bar topped in rose gold dipped sauce kinda plastic design. Such a stunner right on my makeup vanity. The shades in the palette are warm toned which includes reds, browns, pinks, mauves etc. The eyeshadows are a mix of both shimmer and matte which makes it complete. I like how they have also added 2 larger sections for some gorgeous highlighters one being matte and the other being shimmer. The eyeshadows are chocolate fragranced hence the name. Not sure how long the fragrance will last on the palette as the testers across stores do not smell anything near chocolate. Also once you wear the eyeshadow, it doesn’t have any kind of smell.
The eyeshadows are amazingly pigmented except for a shade or two. For the price I paid, I’m glad I have a mix of matte+ shimmer. A large number of looks can be created using this palette. Also, the wear time of these eyeshadows is decent and with a good primer, it stays on all day.
Let’s talk in more detail about each shade,
- Hold Up;- This is the shimmer highlighter which is a light gold color.
- Touch Me is a military green shimmer eyeshadow which is very pigmented.
- Dirty Rich is deep magenta shimmer shade which again is super pigmented.
- Hard Work is yellow-green shade which is pretty unique as I have never seen a shade like this before.
- Luxe is a chunky glitter shade that is champagne red in color, also this eyeshadow has a different formulation compared to all the other eyeshadows. Also, it is very hard to blend. I am guessing you just need to dip and apply the chunky glitter.
- Cheque is a lovely bronze shimmer shade which again is highly pigmented.
- Barbie is a light pink eyeshadow with golden glitter shimmer in it. Its very light n terms of pigmentation.
- Gold Digga is true to its name as looks like they crushed gold they dug out.
- Girl Boss is a matte medium brown shade which is great to be used as a transition shade.
- Uh-oh is a matte reddish brown shade.
- Not yours is a true pink matte shade which is super pigmented.
- Shy is a matte taupe shade which is not very pigmented.
- Back Up is again a matte brown eyeshadow similar to Girl Boss.
- Side Chick is my favorite and the most used shade from the palette. It’s a lovely matte dark pink color.
- My own is a matte chocolate brown shade that is lighter than the other 2 browns.
- Independent is beige matter highlighter which is more or less like a compact powder. It barely builds up but I like using it a setting powder for my under eye.
Overall I am really happy with this palette and I have been used it on a daily basis. The only thing that I do not like about the palette is the use of parabens as their ingredients, else this would have been my the best palette I have ever owned.
4/5(-1 for parabens)
PS: This is not a sponsored post.