hey everyone 🙂
Makeup Revolution is one brand that has entered the Indian market with a bang! They have come up with amazing products and the women have gone crazy buying their products. Yes, I belong to that crazy gang I love buying concealers because concealer is one makeup product that we are never satisfied with. We want to try each and every concealer out there till it’s bang on! Here’s a concealer that I tried from Makeup Revolution – more on it further in the review.
Price: Rs. 550
Product Description by Makeup Revolution:
Focus and Fix like a professional. Hide and conceal, from dark circles to blemishes. Fix those imperfections, dark circles and blemishes with this high coverage liquid concealer which is easily blendable. This creamy formula is longwearing and provides a natural finish. Available in 6 shades.
My Experience with Makeup Revolution Focus and Fix Liquid Concealer:
I was waiting to try stuff from this brand, so started with this concealer. This “focus and fix” concealer comes in a sleek bottle which is transparent and hence shows the shade of the concealer. This concealer comes in a lip gloss like tube.
I was impressed because this range has 6 shades, isn’t that amazing? The price is also pretty reasonable because it belongs to a good brand and the quantity provided is quite good too. I picked up a light shade. My skin has de-tanned nicely this month and that’s why I picked up a lighter shade than usual.The wand is perfect and has a slant tip which makes application easier. The concealer comes in a liquid form and hence blends with my skin very well. Just a little quantity is required to dab on zits or pores. Although I tried to pick a right shade for my skin tone, this proved to be much lighter for my skin. I could easily see the areas where I had dabbed it on. It covered up minor blemishes and acne scars on my face, but wasn’t effective on the major ones.
As far as coverage is concerned, it’s imparts light coverage. I use it on my dark circles, it does brighten up the area and reduces the appearance of dark circles, but at the same time, it draws attention to the eye area as it looks too white compared to the rest of the face. I used it around my nose area to cover the redness and it did a fantastic job.
It might feel a bit cakey and oily under the eyes, but on the rest of my face, it looks fine. After concealing, it has to be set with a good skin tone matching loose powder, or else the concealed spots will be clearly visible.
The longevity of the concealer is pretty low, it does not last for more than 2-3 hours which isn’t that great. It also melts a bit when you are out in the sun. Overall, I feel people with minor imperfections can try this out as it would work well for them. As for me, I would like to check out more concealers out there because I need something that provides full coverage.
Pros of Makeup Revolution Focus and Fix Liquid Concealer:
• Budget friendly, comes in 6 different shades.
• Very handy and super easy to use.
• The wand is perfect to dab the concealer on to the areas that you want to conceal.
• Gentle on the skin, does not feel heavy.
• The liquid is very easy to blend into the skin, settles down very quickly.
• Makes the face glow and moderately conceals imperfections, makes my skin tone appear even.
Cons of Makeup Revolution Focus and Fix Liquid Concealer:
• This is not the concealer I was looking for. It imparts medium coverage which isn’t great to cover stubborn acne scars.
• Excess quantity might make it look a little cakey.
• It looks oily under my eyes.
• Does not cover up dark circles very well; it brightens the under eye area in a way that accentuates and draws attention to under eye circles.
• Wears off in 3 hours, melts easily when you are out in the sun.
• It has to be set with a loose powder or else it would be totally visible on the spots.
My Rating :- 3/5
I always feel that creamy concealers give better finish and coverage than the liquid ones. Liquid ones are too light for my needs!