In some days,one of my most awaited movie is releasing- Minions ,Oh yes I LOVE THEM. Have a crazy fan crush on them since despicable me was out. I even have a soft BABOI like one of them 😛
In this tutorial I have tried to make Kevin,Bob and Stuart, but they end up looking BANANONINA 😛 haha but they do look like Minions at least from every angle i look at my nails.
So Lets Check out Some things you will need to start with this nail art.
Things I used:-
- Lakme True Wear Nail Color In Clear for a finishing top coat.
- Maybelline ColorShow In Denim Dash(Click for review) – this nail paint is the closest to match the minions pants as it gives a rugged denim finish.
- Shany Cosmetics nail paint in Shade 03 (This paint was a part of their cosmopolitan set of 24).
- Fine nail art brush size 0 or 1.
- Acrylic colors in White & black.
PS;- I have always prefered to use acrylic paints for nail art as they really last longer and give a much better realistic effect to the art. Regular nail polish cannot add much effects.
Alternatives to the things I used.
- if you do not have acrylic colors, it is totally fine to use normal nail paints, turns out the same.
- Also if you do not have a fine brush (not necessarily a nail art one), you could use a nail art pen or a toothpick.But it may not give precise nails.
- Since I have short nails at the moment, I have lesser space to work on but this works much better for long nails.
STEP 1 :-
Firstly begin by applying a transparent nail paint and later top it off with a nice bright yellow nail paint. Apply two or more coats of yellow till desired result is achieved.
STEP 2 :-
Next step would be to paint the lower half with a denim blue color like I have done here. You could use a nail tip guide if you have one. here i have not used a guide hence the weird look. Apply at least 2 coats here.
Proceed to the next step as and when the previous coats are dry. Start by applying one circle or two circles according to how you want your MINIONS to look like. Do this with a fine brush using the white acrylic color or you can use a white nail paint or instead of a brush use a toothpick.
Next start by defining their eyes, draw a thick black outline to the white circles you drew before. Also make a thick horizontal line on either side of your nail connecting it to either side of your cuticle. Do this with a black acrylic color.
next start of by defining their smile, add some eyeballs in them and define their pants the way I have done it in the pic above and voila your done. Dont forget to add some tiny dots as buttons on the blue part. It looks more cutter. 🙂
And lastly finish this off with a transparent clear coat to protect your nail art and make it last longer.
thats it. tank you, Poopaye until next time. 🙂 as Me Want Banana now 😛
Do share your thoughts on this 🙂
11 thoughts on “Minion Nail Art Tutorial For Short Nails :)”
Thank you dear 😊
Very cutesy Melina 😆
Hehe …. Thanks Stephy 😘
These look cute , just like you 🙂
Nominated you for the Dragon’s Loyalty Award
Thank you Stephy for nominating me 🙂
Thank you for liking “Strange Passage.” I enjoyed looking at this fun nail art. I hope you have a great week. 🙂
These are super awesome I need to try them 😊
Thank you 😘 hehe let me knw how your minions turn out if u try them 😉
Your very welcome huni, I doubt mine will turn out like yours 😊