Hey guys how is your weekend going ? Mine is awesome as always, baked some cupcakes and relished them and that’s how I spent my day 🙂 Getting back to what I will be reviewing today – I got a ton of makeup recently(will shortly post a haul post) from which I brought 3 Maybelline Lipsticks, I have already reviewed the matte one here 🙂 Again since I got 2 lipsticks I shared one with my mom, she’s into nude to brown shades , So I gave her crushed candy & kept orange icon for me.
Maybelline Color Show Lipstick is a fashionable intense lipstick, which comes in chic to vivid shades. Maybelline Color Show Lipstick is highly pigmented giving bold lips.
It stays for up to four to five hours.
• The creamy texture is not heavy on the lips.
• It does not smear or smudge.
• It does not settle in line.
• As its highly moisturized you don’t need to wear a lip balm.
INR 299 for 3.9 g each
Crushed Candy:- as the name suggests, is a true candy pink color, with a silvery sheen to it, the micro-fine light imparting shimmer particles gives the sheen to the color. The color is very girly and pretty and will suit fair to medium skin tones nicely. I think there are chances of darker skin tones getting washed out by the color. Darker skin tone beauties can avoid this shade.
Orange Icon:- The color orange icon looks like a bright almost neon orange in the tube, but surprisingly looks more coral on my lips. When swatched the color comes off in a very different way as to how it looks in the bullet. It is actually an orange based coral shade with hints of pink and red in it. It does looks quite different in different angels and under different lights.
The packaging of both the lipsticks are simple yet attractive. The body is black in color, with a colored rim in the middle of the cap and body, which shows the color family to which the shade belongs, it also has a color-coded sticker at the bottom, which bears the shade name and number. For these shades, the color band is deep pink and coral, there is red for reds, purples for mauvish shades and so on. The cap shuts with a click sound, which ensures that it’s tightly closed.
Texture & Finish:
The texture of both these lipsticks are super creamy, soft and buttery and the formula is very moisturizing throughout and it feels so light on the lips as if nothing is there on the lips and the application is so smooth and feathery. The finish of both the lipsticks appears very glossy and juicy; it’s because of the pretty sheen in the color. The lipsticks smell like some kind of fruit cake or sweet candy, it’s not overpowering, but very pleasing.
The lipsticks have sheer to buildable pigmentation. The formula is extremely sheer, but the color is very build-able in 3-4 swipes, but still these shades don’t have the acquired thickness or opacity in it. Even after layering the color, it doesn’t cover the flaws of the lips very well. So I’ll suggest those beauties with naturally pigmented lips should avoid these shades. The colors won’t cake up after layering or won’t bleed and the color doesn’t settle in the fine lines of lips. But because of the sheer pigmentation of the color, flaky or dark lips can be emphasized. So make sure to exfoliate the lips nicely.
The lipsticks stay for 2.5- 3 hrs, with light snacking and drinking. The color fades after 3 hours and leaves cute tints behind, which surely lasts for some more time.
• The candy pink with a silver sheen & bright coral shades are really pretty.
• The colors are so bright and vibrant it will instantly brighten up fair to medium skin tones.
• Texture is very creamy and smooth, it glides effortlessly on lips.
• It feels very hydrating on the lips, even if the color fades away.
• The colors won’t bleed or won’t become cakey if the lipstick is layered on.
• Price is very reasonable.
• Apt lipstick for dry lips.
• The colors are very build-able.
• The finish of both the lipsticks are very glossy and saucy.
• Staying power is decent up to 2.5- 3 hrs, considering the creamy texture.
• I wish the pigmentation was better and the color would have more opacity in it.
• The shade is not suitable for pigmented lips.
• The shade is not suitable for every skin tone.
• Packaging could have been a little more attractive.
4 thoughts on “Review:- Maybelline ColorShow Lipstick in Orange Icon & Crushed Candy”
I love the colour of Orange Icon!
Me too 🙂 my favorite of the other two ..
I knew I’d like Orange Icon!