Skin Type:- Dry and Sensitive with occasional breakouts.
This week has been the most productive week of my blogging career. I have begun collaborating with so many brands. I will be posting content on every brand I am working with right now. Stay tuned! In today’s post, I will be talking about my experience of doing microdermabrasion for the first time. I collaborated with AboutFace for this. They offered me a choice of treatments to choose from and the best one suited for my face was Microdermabrasion. Since I have never ever done treatments as such for my skin before, I was really grateful to experience a session with AboutFace clinic.
About AboutFace Clinic(From their website):-
We at About Face bring to you an international and revolutionary destination for your face. Everybody loves to look good and we help you bring out the best in you in a natural and safe way with lasting results.
You can read more about the services and treatments from AboutFace by visiting their website here.
Price of the treatment:- Rs 2360 for one session.
Before I begin my experience on my session with AboutFace, I would like to throw some light on the skin issues I have been facing ever since summer has stepped in. I do have occasional breakouts and extremely sunburnt skin. I also have scars on my face due to the wonderful occasional breakouts. Since I had no clue about which treatment my skin needed, I was glad to be helped by Dr. Pooja who is the practicing cosmetologist at the About Face clinic. I visited the Malad branch which was more convenient than the Bandra one. Due to my present skin conditions, I was recommended to go in for the Microdermabrasion skin polishing treatment. I liked how spacious the clinic at Malad is. I was soon taken upstairs for my treatment. There are multiple rooms where the treatments are done on the clients. Each room is filled with all high tech skin tools. I was surprised to see so many machines.
- Before the treatment began I was introduced to my therapist whose name was Husna. She is one of the sweetest and gentle therapist I have come across in recent times. After changing into the outfit the clinic gave me, my treatment proceeded as follows with the following steps,
- Cleansing- Like most treatments begin with cleansing, mine too began the same way. The cleanser used felt cold. It was a cream based cleanser. Husna massaged my face very well for the next 10 mins or so. The cleanser was then wiped off my face.
- Skin Polishing(Microdermabrasion):- The main treatment began with a microdermabrasion tool being slid over my skin in line motions. It felt like tiny crystals brushing vigorously against my skin. It did feel a bit uncomfortable but it wasn’t painful. Husna was really kind enough to ask me about how the tool felt on my skin constantly. After the polishing was done which was for about 15-20 mins, my face was left with white powder which I guess was my dry skin mixed with the diamond crystal powder from the tool.
- Jet Spray using Vitamin C Serum:- After the skin polishing treatment, Husna proceeded with using a jet spray with Vitamin C serum. This was one of the best parts of the session as the spry was really freezing cold and my face felt so relaxed.
- Mesotherapy(Using Multi-Vitamin infusion):- The next step was mesotherapy which was more was using tools with vibrations. A chilled serum was applied all over my face after which 2 different kinds of vibration tools were used. I was informed that the Mesotherapy process helps all the vitamins, minerals and nutrients present in the serum applied, to better penetrate the deeper layers of the skin to ensure you get the full benefits of the treatment. While using one of the tool near my eye area I could really feel the vibrations on my nerves near the eye. It felt weird but relaxing.
- Sheet Mask:- The next step was the application of a really chilled sheet mask. The sheet mask was freshly opened and applied on my face. It was a whole new experience as I have never applied a chilled face sheet mask. The mask was left on my face for about 10-15 mins due to which I felt really a sleepy mid-session.
- Sunscreen:- The last and final step was the application of a good sunscreen from La Shield.
When I was done with my session, my face looked instantly brighter and felt a lot smoother. Also since it was a long session I kinda felt sleepy post-treatment. I was told by Dr. Pooja to not wash my wash for 24 Hours with any kind of soap. Also, the only thing I use for the next 48 hr was the sunscreen. I could live that since I normally wear minimal makeup. A day later I started noticing a few dark lines on my forehead. I began panicking as I know my skin would not be able to take treatments as such. After panicking for half a day, I was informed by the clinic Dr that this was a normal reaction. If at all I need to soothe the area, then I should apply Momate cream for 3 days at night. I did what was told to me and after about a week I noticed all the lines had disappeared. Also, the texture of my skin is definitely improved. I had stopped my skincare routine for 2 weeks after the treatment was done just to see the effect of the treatment. My skin texture and radiance is definitely improved. Also, the scarring on my cheeks is much better. I would definitely recommend this service to anyone who has tanning, acne scars, pore issues, and dullness. You can see the before/after pics as below. Overall I am really impressed with the entire experience and would love to do it again and make it a part of my routine.
Disclaimer:- The service was done on me based on my skin type. If you wish to do any such treatments, I would request you to consult a dermat and visit a reputed skin clinic. Even though the treatment done on my face was a part of a collaboration, my opinions stated in this blog post are completely honest. Thank you for reading. Have a good day.