How are you doing? Back with another post and this time I wanted to share the benefits of using Witch Hazel. I have been using witch hazel for most of my beauty routine and I am so grateful for the results. I currently use the Thayer’s Witch Hazel with Rose and it works wonders. Benefits of Witch hazel are numerous. It is a wonderful skin cleanser, also a useful household product for cleaning and antiseptic use. In generations past, it was found in almost every medicine cabinet and used daily.
Where to Buy Witch Hazel in India
Buying witch hazel in India is a big task because there are very few manufacturers selling it online or in stores. I normally pick my products from Amazon.com(Its much cheaper and there is a wide range available). Here are few of the best sellers in India. I personally prefer using the Thayer’s Rose Petal Witch Hazel because of the additional toning benefits of rose.
- Bliss Of Earth No Alcohol Witch Hazel Astringent ( Rs 325 for 100 ml)
- Thayer’s Alcohol-free Rose Petal Witch Hazel with Aloe Vera (Rs 1270 for 250 ml)
- Nature’s Tattva Natural Witch Hazel, 100ml (Rs 345)
- Aloe Veda Cypress and Witch Hazel Astringent Facial Toner(Rs 240 for 100ml)
- Thayers Alcohol-Free Witch Hazel with Organic Aloe Vera Formula Toner, Lavender. ( Rs 1197 for 250 ml)
What is An Astringent?
An astringent is a substance that promotes the contraction of skin tissue, usually made with alcohol. In other words, an astringent tightens the skin and closes up pores, meaning less oil on your face. The alcohol in the astringent dries up whatever oil is left over.
Benefits of Witch Hazel
Benefits of Witch Hazel are numerous and one can only know this for sure by trying it and experimenting it.
- Soothes sunburned skin
- Relieves the itching, burning, and inflammation from insect bites
- Witch hazel combats dandruff and flaking by moisturizing and conditioning the scalp.
- Witch hazel cleans the skin of dirt and excess oils that tend to clog pores and cause acne.
- You can use witch hazel on a cotton pad to remove makeup.
- Reduces Eye Puffiness and Under-Eye Bags.
- Helps to reduce skin oiliness
- Treat blackheads with Witch Hazel
- The anti-inflammatory and hemostatic properties of witch hazel make it an excellent treatment for swollen areas and injuries.
- Witch hazel is an excellent tonic for scarred skin and tightly stretched skin.
- Witch hazel shrinks the inflammation and helps heal sore gums and mouth sores.
- For a sore throat and laryngitis, use the healing power of witch hazel tea.
- Witch hazel soothes the skin, prevents infection, and encourages healing.
- Use witch hazel undiluted to clean jewelry.
- Witch hazel makes a very effective household cleaner, either alone or combined with other solutions.
How I use Witch Hazel in my daily routine.
- The best time to use witch hazel for the face would be after cleansing your skin. Witch Hazel works best as a soothing toner and I have seen a huge difference in my skin pores.
- Apply witch hazel after waxing the same way you would after shaving. It closes the pores, reduces irritation and tones the skin.
- Remove excess oil from the scalp with a quick cleaning between shampoos. Dilute one part witch hazel with nine parts water. Use the tip of a clean cloth to dab the mixture around your hairline, down the part, and in oily areas.
- Rub witch hazel into the scalp before shampooing to combat dandruff. You can also use witch hazel between shampoos to condition your scalp and remove excess oil.
- Apply witch hazel to swollen or bruised skin three times daily. The witch hazel reduces swelling and speeds healing.
- Swish witch hazel around the mouth after brushing and spit it out to heal sore gums and mouth.
- Use witch hazel to clean scrapes and then continue to apply it until the cut has healed.
- Dab a little witch hazel on bug bites. The anti-itch and anti-inflammatory properties act to relieve the itching, burning, and inflammation from insect bites.
- Clean your pet’s ears gently by dampening a cotton ball or pad with witch hazel. Gently wipe the visible parts of the inside of the ear. Do not pour witch hazel into the ear or use a cotton swab.
- Combine witch hazel with essential oils to create a fragrance that will not only smell great but improve your mood as well. To use witch hazel as a fragrance, you simply need to combine it with your favorite essential oil.
Witch Hazel Anti-Itch Recipe
- Witch Hazel Extract (7 Oz., No Alcohol Formula)
- Neem Oil (1 Oz)
- One-Cup Glass Spray Bottle
Witch Hazel Anti-Acne Recipe
- Witch Hazel (1/4 Cup)
- Water (1/4 Cup)
- Tea Tree Oil (4 Drops)
Witch Hazel Facial Toner Recipe
- Witch Hazel (2 Oz)
- Vitamin C Powder (1/2 tsp)
- Tea Tree Oil (6 Drops)
- Lavender Essential Oil (6 Drops)
Image Source:- 1,